I love Easter and in light of what is going on in the world at the moment, I am looking for little moments of Joy in day to day life. This Easter, one of things I am doing is an Easter Egg Hunt with my family.
My kids are a great age for Easter Egg Hunts and I like making a decent length but don’t really enjoy having a huge amount of chocolate and lollies hanging around if you know what I mean. So I’ve decided to fill my own hallow eggs with a mix of your more traditional Easter egg treats and also picked some that were a little more good.
The fun in this activity is not just the treats but the clues and the hunt itself!
For filling them up, here are some ideas to get your mind thinking:
- FRESH – fruit, berries, carrot stocks
- DRIED fruit or fruit leather
- Nuts and seeds
- Trail Mix or muesli bars (cut up)
- Savoury – pretzels & crackers
- Chocolate eggs of course!
- I alternate the eggs, one healthy then one chocolate and one larger treat at the very end.
Now here’s the biggest challenge, finding places to hide the eggs! This year, we are focusing on hiding spots around the house and the backyard. Here are a few places I’m thinking:
- Up a tree
- Mum and dads bed
- In the garage
- Cubby house
- Sandpit (in a bucket or toy)
- Held by favourite toys
- In the fruit bowl
- On the trampoline
And if you’re not up for an Easter Egg Hunt this year, that’s totally fine. There are so many other ways you can enjoy Easter with your kids this year, here are a few ideas:
- Festive Colouring in
- Easter Egg in the Hole Toast – see my Instagram
- Watching Peter Rabbit
- Painting eggs
- Read Easter Books
- And if you are keen on some crafts visit Pinterest for Alllll the ideas
I hope this brings you and your family a little joy this Easter.