I like to give my kids treats, but I hate dealing with the aftermath of sugar highs so these “gummy lollies” are perfect.
Coconut, Elderberry & Honey Gummy Bears
- 1 cup of Coconut Cream
- 1.5 Tablespoons gelatine
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Elderberry Cordial or try another flavour or more honey if you don’t have elderberry
Put all ingredients in a saucepan on a low heat and, while whisking continuously, bring to a low simmer at the edges. Simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
pour into your moulds or container.
freeze for 15 minutes then take out or transfer to the fridge.
You can get the moulds I used, and other fun shapes, from trade me.
As we are half way through the year I thought you might like some lunchbox inspiration too
Here are some of our favourites
– ham & mayo wraps sliced into rings and held with toothpick
– Pita chips, carrot sticks, cucumber slices and hummus
– dehydrated fruit
– fruit leather
– apple slices & peanut butter
– salami or mini salami sticks
– mini fruit kebabs
– bacon and egg pies
– mini muffins
– nut & seed slices
– mini pizzas
Happy cooking xx Jana